Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Welcome to GoArmyParents.com Community Area!

Here you will find support for family/friends of those sons and daughters of the United States Armed Forces. Whether your loved one is simply considering joining the ranks, a part of ROTC, is heading off to basic, navigating the enlisted life, or deployed overseas -- this is the support for YOU!

Jump in with your questions; share your concerns, your vents, and your joys. Trust that you'll connect with other parents that truly understand.

Want to talk live? Don't miss our weekly chat event on Saturdays at 10:00 p.m Eastern / 7:00 p.m. Pacific. Additional chat times may also be posted on our forums or just drop in and see if others are chatting. Click here to chat now!

Have feedback, questions, or concerns? Contact us today!

In Memory...

Board index » Specific MOS groups » Military Police

Post subject: FLW 787 MP BN - Graduation April 8, 2010
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:55 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

My son will be graduating from his OSTU at FLW from the C CO of the 787 MP BN on April 8, 2010...... does anyone else have someone in this same unit?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: FLW 787 MP BN - Graduation April 8, 2010
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:38 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

My son has a graduation date of 17 June 2010 from FLW-

D CO. 787th MP BN

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:08 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

My son is in dco 787th MP BN. His AIT graduation is in June. I am trying to find out if they are having family day after basic graduation. I have another son who is in the infantry and they had a 36 hour leave after basic training. They also had a great website that was updated weekly with pictures and information.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:05 am 
Hi pennyrocketman5 :smt006
Welcome to GAP and the MP family, sorry to tell you but no Family Day after BCT, you will have to wait until OSUT graduation for that, it is a long 5 month but it does go by quickly once they pass their BCT portion and get to call home more often, your son will get his cell phone and will be free to call on his free time, which is about one hour before bedtime (8:30p.m.) everyday, good luck and take care.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:59 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

Thank you for the information. One more question... is there an active website out there that is updated as time goes by with pictures and such?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Fort Leonard Wood
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:53 am 
Recruit
Recruit

I called the information number on the Fort Leonard Wood website
573-596-0968
for information about what could be sent in care packages and then talked to someone about family day- I was told information would be posted on their website at a later date but typically the family day is the day before the graduation and in my case that would be June 16 for
D COMPANY 787 MP BN

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:02 am 
Sorry but FLW is known for not having a very update webside, my son's graduation info was posted 2 wks before and so messed up you couldn't read it, hopefully it is better by now, Family Day is always on a Wednesday and Graduation on Thursday, there is a dinner Banquet on Family Day, you have to pay for your family as well as your Soldier, if you decide to go purchase the tickets as soon as you get your invitation, space is limited, it is good to go, you get to sit down and view pictures and videos of your son and friends, as well as meeting his DS in a more relax atmosphere.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:53 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

Thanks Cristina. I just got the mailing from FLW last week about Graduation and Family Day. We're driving out and looking forward to it...... I was fortunate that my son was able to come home for two weeks during the holidays and then go back and finish ...... but I know that is not the norm. From my son's point of view he would have preferred to have just stayed and worked through it and been done the couple of weeks earlier.....

ArmyMPMom

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:36 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

My DH is in C Co 787 MP BN, and will be graduating April 8th too! I am so excited! If you wanna talk contact me by PM or email.

Jeri

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:56 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

My daughter is E Co. 787th. She graduates April 22nd. I can not wait to see her!! :P

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:47 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

Congrats on your daughter's up coming graduation ............. it a wonderful, proud feeling - isn't it ?!

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:37 pm 
NCO super poster
NCO super poster

Congratulations to all the new MP warriors. Enjoy your time with them and please tell thanks for their service.

Oh yeah, try not to hug them to death when you see them on Family Day :lol: :lol:

Graduated 6/11/09 (HOOAH)
North Georiga College & State University
190th MP BN, Kennesaw, GA (NG)

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:02 pm 
So how was graduation? everything you expected? Let us know how in went and congratulate you Soldiers for me. :smt006 :smt006

Board index » Specific MOS groups » Military Police