Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Welcome to GoArmyParents.com Community Area!

Here you will find support for family/friends of those sons and daughters of the United States Armed Forces. Whether your loved one is simply considering joining the ranks, a part of ROTC, is heading off to basic, navigating the enlisted life, or deployed overseas -- this is the support for YOU!

Jump in with your questions; share your concerns, your vents, and your joys. Trust that you'll connect with other parents that truly understand.

Want to talk live? Don't miss our weekly chat event on Saturdays at 10:00 p.m Eastern / 7:00 p.m. Pacific. Additional chat times may also be posted on our forums or just drop in and see if others are chatting. Click here to chat now!

Have feedback, questions, or concerns? Contact us today!

In Memory...

Board index » GoArmyParents.com » OSUT (One Station Unit Training)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Finding my Soldier's unit on Facebook
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:20 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

Hi everyone...I'm a new mom and my son is in Ft. Knox in basic now (for Army-National Guard) and I received a letter on all the info on graduation in November...but the letter also mentioned that there are photos of the kids on facebook and the address is....foxtroopclass016@yahoo.com. I am not a facebook user (altho I am "in"
facebook) and I just cannot find any info on "foxtroopclass016" . His is in the
1st Platoon, F/5-15 CAV. Hopefully someone can help me find out "how to get to" foxtroopclass016 on facebook ??? I am not great on the computer...so this makes it even harder for me. You cant believe how long it took me to find this website!
Thanks for your help!
jj

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Finding son's group in Facebook
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:25 pm 
AIT
AIT

welcome! I may not have the answers, but someone here does!

I just wanted to welcome you to the best place on the web for Army parents.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:52 pm 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

janner1949 wrote:
but the letter also mentioned that there are photos of the kids on facebook and the address is....foxtroopclass016@yahoo.com. I am not a facebook user (altho I am "in" facebook) and I just cannot find any info on "foxtroopclass016" .

Sorry, that is an email address, not an address to a Facebook page (ie. @yahoo.com). They may want you to email them and ask for the location of the Facebook page.

And I've searched every combination of Fox Troop and 5/15 CAV on Facebook and come up blank.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:26 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

OK...thanks so much for trying ! I will send an email to that yahoo address and see what happens...
Thanks again!

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:46 am 
AIT
AIT

Its quite likely a private facebook page, open only to members, the email gets you access to that info I presume.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:23 am 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

whd507 wrote:
Its quite likely a private facebook page, open only to members, the email gets you access to that info I presume.

But at minimum, it should show up in a search over there and one should be able to at least see it's front page. And I can find virtually every other company in that battalion except for her son's.

Post subject: 198th Brigade Alpa 2-58 Facebook page
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:29 am 
Recruit
Recruit

198th Brigade Alpa 2-58 Facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fort-Benn ... 00?ref=sgm

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: 198th Brigade Alpa 2-58 Facebook page
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:20 pm 
AIT
AIT

Thank you! (now I can give my son ulcers on two websites...) :smt003

Hopefully they will have something to report in the next few weeks.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: 198th Brigade Alpa 2-58 Facebook page
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:05 am 
AIT
AIT

Bill, did they take down the announcement on the early graduation date on facebook? I RSVPed to it, but it seems to have been deleted. or I just cant find it.

nevermind I found it... :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:29 am 
Recruit
Recruit

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how to do a search on facebook, My son is in Wolfpack 5/15 Cav.Scouts Fort Knox. Thank you.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:37 am 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

MickeysMom wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how to do a search on facebook, My son is in Wolfpack 5/15 Cav.Scouts Fort Knox. Thank you.

The Search function/box can be found at the top center of each Facebook page. Just type in various combinations of your son's unit until you get a hit. And many times, they go by Company, so you would type that in instead of Wolfpack.

But remember, the vast majority of Army training units (or any other type of unit) are not on Facebook. So if your search fails, it is more likely a case of the unit not being on Facebook - not you doing anything wrong in your search.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:52 am 
Recruit
Recruit

Thank you for your help.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:00 am 
Newly Enlisted
Newly Enlisted

What I did to find my son's unit page on facebook was this: Log on to my facebook page then hit links and typed in Ft Benning (his location) and his unit E Company and his batallion (?) 2/47 and I got the page. Hope this helps.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:55 pm 
NCO super poster
NCO super poster

You probably won't find anything on Facebook for your son's troop. Mine just finished Cav Scout training and information in public places was minimal. They aren't much for frills.

Good luck to your son in his training. It's tough, but they are quite a tough group. I remember going through some Ft. Knox photos with my son that were posted online over family weekend. They weren't of Cav Scouts, but other groups. He kept saying over and over - "they get to wear gloves", "we didn't get to do it like that", "they don't have their DS shaking the rope ladder!" Lot's of comments about the other groups having an easier time than the Scouts. I think they are a "rowdy bunch" :wink: and proud of it!

Hang in there, Mom - you can do it. Some days are harder than others, but they do go by.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:52 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

This isn't about Facebook, but I have been trying to get updated information on the letter sent home about graduation - armyfrg - nothing current. I am signing in correctly from what I can tell and was hoping to see pics but nothing since April. My son is 5/15 CAV, Blackjack Troop - graduates next week. Also, any information on pics they took in uniform? I have not received anything.

Thank you,

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Board index » GoArmyParents.com » OSUT (One Station Unit Training)